BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
The Diploma of Leadership and Management is a nationally recognised qualification whichreflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Typical Scouting pathway
Any member of Scouts Australis who has sufficent evidence can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The enrolment Process is outlined on the SAIT Qualifications page.
Experiences and learning received by Leaders and Rovers in Scouting across Australia, aligns closely to the requirements of the Diploma of Leadership and Management. There is no typical pathway however learning that enables collection of valid evidence is a Leader/Rover;
- Completes the Wood Badge Advanced Level Training
- Complete Wood Badge - Leader of Adults Training
- Complete Advanced Elective Topics for use at District training meetings, etc. (These topics include World Scouting, Pioneering, Camp Cooking, Working with Different Cultures, Dealing with Trauma, Counselling, Assertiveness, Self-Esteem, Relationship Skills, Speaking in Public, Behaviour Management, Health Issues, Campfire Leaders, Managing Conflict, Time Management, Communication, Negotiation, Delegating, Empowerment, Fundraising, Anger Management, Bullying and Suicide)
- Prepare a Resume
- Collect any other relevant items that may assist your RPL application, previous qualifications, etc.
After completing your enrolment with the Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT), a SAIT assessor will be assigned to you and they will assess your evidence. They may ask for further evidence or have a conversation with to gather further information about your experiences.
Upon successfully completing your Recognition of Prior Learning assessment, you will receive either a partial or full Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915).
Structure of the Qualification
The Diploma of Leadership and Management that will most likely be acheived by following the typical Scouting pathway includes the following units of competency:
Four (4) Core units
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Electives (The Candidate selects 8 from the following)
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk